There has been a change to how Instagram (through Facebook, which owns Instagram) is handling the integration to Vagaro.
If you see the following warning:
follow these steps to update your integration:
- If you haven’t already dismissed the warning screen, tap Update.
- If you did dismiss the warning, go to your Instagram account on your mobile device and go to your Profile.
Select Action Buttons on the profile screen:
- Select Book Now.
- Select Vagaro Booking on the Select Partner screen.
- Log in using your Vagaro credentials.
Note: You must use the Account Owner credentials here. This login will authorize sharing your account details with Facebook.
- Tap Authorize.
- Confirm your Vagaro business by tapping Next.
Note: If you have a multi-location business, select the location that you use for the Facebook and Instagram integration here.
The Action Button screen now shows the Vagaro Booking selection for your Book Now button.
Problem: Business not found
If your business doesn’t show up on the Confirm Your Business screen, you will have to deactivate and reactivate the connection to your Facebook account. Follow these steps.
- Go to Settings > Add-Ons > Integrations.
- If the Facebook integration shows as Active, click Learn More, and then Deauthorize.
Note: You will be asked to log in to your Facebook account to confirm.
- Back on the Integrations > Facebook screen, click Activate Facebook Booking.
- Toggle the Instagram link to Yes in order to add that integration.
Problem: Cannot perform Facebook authorization steps
If you find that you cannot access the Settings pages or that Facebook will not reauthorize your account, you are probably not logged in to Vagaro with the Account Owner credentials.
Log out of Vagaro and log in again using the Account Owner login information and try again.