Looking for that special feature to take your business to the next level? Look no further. The Vagaro Check-In App is here.
Quickly scan and check members in as soon they arrive. Successfully upsell and get customers to sign up for multiple classes. Increase your cash flow. Stay on top of class schedules and payments. And run your business much more efficiently with this Vagaro feature.
In this article, we will go over:
- Downloading and Purchasing the Vagaro Check-In App
- Customers Using the Vagaro Check-In App
- Businesses Using the Vagaro Check-In App
- Check-in App - Kiosk Set up
- Editing and Replacing Check-In Kiosk Name
- Signing Up Customers for a Class in the Vagaro Check-In App
- Checking in Customers with a QR Code in the Vagaro Check-In App
- Checking in Customers without a QR Code in the Vagaro Check-Inn App
- Registering and Creating a Customer Profile in the Vagaro Check-In App
- How to Enable and Use Guided Access on iPad and iPhones
- How to Pin and Unpin a Screen on Android
Downloading the Vagaro Check-In App
Businesses can download the Vagaro Check-In App free from the Apple and Google Play stores for their iPads and Android tablets. However, it costs US$10 per month to use. (For pricing in other countries, see https://sales.vagaro.com/currency.)
Purchasing the Vagaro Check-In App
1. If using the Vagaro Pro App, tap More.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Check-In App.
4. Tap Get Started.
5. If you're using the web version, click Settings. Then, click Check-In App under the Add-Ons heading on the left side of the screen.
6. Click Get Started. This will activate the app.
Customers Using the Vagaro Check-In App
Customers do not need to download the Vagaro Check-In App. They simply need to access their QR Code, which can be found in their Vagaro Customer App. The Vagaro Check-In App will then scan their QR Code when they sign up or check in for a class in the app.
Please note: Each business has the option of issuing customers Membership Cards. Businesses can use the Vagaro Check-In app to scan these membership cards. If a customer does not have a membership card with that business, the business can scan the customer's QR code found on their Vagaro Customer App. Customers also have an option to use both their Membership Card or the Vagaro Customer App QR code to sign up or check in for classes on the Vagaro Check-In App.
Below is an image of what the Membership Card looks like.
Businesses Using the Vagaro Check-In App
Businesses need to download the Vagaro Check-In App on their tablet to register, sign up, and check in customers for classes. Use your Vagaro Pro log-in credentials to access your Vagaro Check-In App account.
- Log in to the Check-In App with your Vagaro Pro Email.
Businesses not signed up for the Check-In App will be redirected to the Check-In App settings page. They can then activate the app from there.
Businesses also can select from several options on the Check-In App settings screen in Vagaro. These options include:
- Selecting a Color Theme
- Adding a Logo
- Having the option to return to the home screen after a specific amount of time due to inactivity
- Toggle on Allow Customers to Check-In After Class. Customers can check in for their class even after it has ended by toggling on
Click Next at the bottom of the screen when you are finished making the selections.
Check-in App - Kiosk Setup
- Enter the Check-In Kiosk Name and tap Save.
After you Save, you should see the Check in window ready for your customer's use.
Editing and Replacing Check-In Kiosk Name
- Tap the Settings icon and tap Edit Check-In Kiosk Name.
- Enter the Check-In Kiosk Name and click Save.
After you Save, you should see the Check in window ready for your customer's use.
- If you entered a kiosk name that already exists, you will get an alert, "Kiosk Name Already Exists." Tap Replace Kiosk to replace the existing kiosk name with the new one.
Signing up Customers for Classes in the Vagaro Check-In App
1. The Vagaro Check-In App will scan the customer's unique QR Code. The customer's QR Code can be found in the Vagaro Customer App when they access their Vagaro customer account. When the QR Code is scanned, customers can create a profile, sign up, and check in for classes with businesses in the check-in app.
Please note: When customers access their QR Code in their Vagaro customer account, they must swipe down on the screen to see the full QR Code. Please view Image B to see how the full QR Code will display when customers swipe down on the screen after accessing their Vagaro customer account.
This is how the full QR Code displays when customers swipe down on the screen after accessing their Vagaro Customer App account.
2. The Vagaro Check-In App will scan a customer's QR Code when the code is held in the sight of the iPad's camera. Customers can sign up or check in for a class once the scan is successful.
3. Customers need to tap Sign Up on the Vagaro Check-In App to register for a class.
4. Customers can select the Session.
5. Customers can tap on the + to increase the Number of Sessions. They also can tap on the box to enter a number.
Tap the drop-down menus to adjust the frequency of the classes. Customers can tap on the checkboxes under the days they would like to participate in the class as well.
Customers need to tap Checkout when they are done making their selections.
6. Customers need to tap Checkout again when they are done. Notice they have an option to Remove the class or classes from the Checkout screen.
7. Customers can view the classes they signed up for on the right side of the screen. They need to tap Buy Now to confirm the purchase.
8. Customers need to tap OK to confirm the checkout.
9. The customer will get a confirmation that he or she has successfully signed up for the class.
Checking in Customers with a QR Code in the Vagaro Check-In App
1. Once the QR Code has successfully been scanned, Customers can tap Check In to confirm their participation in the class.
2. Customers need to tap Done when they are finished.
3. To undo the check-in, customers can tap on the three dots next to Check in.
4. They need to tap Undo Check-In.
Checking in Customers Without a QR Code in the Vagaro Check-In App
1. Customers tap Check in on the main screen to start their class check-in process in the Vagaro Check-In App.
2. Customers can swipe down on the screen to locate their name. Then, they can tap on their name once it appears.
3. They can enter their name in the search box. Their name will appear below once they begin entering it. They can tap on the name once it appears.
4. Customers will be asked to enter their password and tap Check in. From there, they will be able to check in for a class.
Registering and Creating a Profile for Customers in the Vagaro Check-In App
1. Customers can register for an account in the Vagaro Check-In App by tapping Register on the main screen.
2. They will need to enter their First Name and tap the arrow to advance to the next screen.
3. Next, customers need to enter their Last Name. They can tap the arrow to go to the next screen.
4. They also have to enter their Mobile Number. They can tap the arrow to advance to the next screen.
5. After entering their mobile number, customers need to enter their email. They can tap the arrow to go to the next screen.
6. Finally, customers can tap Create a password to enter their password. They can tap the arrow to advance to the next screen.
7. The Vagaro Check-In App will automatically take a customer's photo when they get to this screen. The system will count to three before taking the photo. Customers can tap Retake Photo if they want to take a new photo. They can tap the arrow to go to the next screen.
8. The customer profile in the Vagaro Check-In App has been created. Customers can tap Edit to make changes or Done when they are finished.
Using Guided Access on iPhones and iPads
The Guided Access feature works as a security measure, restricting your screen to one specific app and preventing you from switching to another program or returning to the Home screen.
How to Enable Guided Access on iPhones and iPads
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Accessibility.
- Tap on Guided Access under the Learning section.
- Tap the switch to turn on Guided Access.
- Tap on Passcode Settings.
- Tap Set Guided Access Passcode and set a passcode.
- Toggle Accessibility Shortcut to On, which allows you to triple-click the Home button and enter Guided Access at any time.
How to use Guided Access on iPhones and iPads
- Launch the app you'd like the user to have access to.
- Triple-click the Home button to launch Guided Access.
- Circle any areas of the screen that you would like to make inaccessible.
- Tap on Options in the bottom left corner to choose whether or not you want to grant access to the Sleep/Wake button, Volume buttons, touch screen, and motion. Save your selections by tapping Done.
- Tap on Start at the top of the screen to begin Guided Access.
How to Enable Screen Pinning on Android
You can pin an app's screen to keep it in view until you unpin it. When a screen is pinned, you can only use that app. You will need to unpin the screen to use your other apps again.
- Open your device's Settings app.
- Tap Security & Location. Then, tap Screen pinning.
- Turn on Screen pinning.
- When screen pinning is on, you'll see an option to ask for your PIN, pattern, or password before unpinning.
How to Pin a Screen on Android
- Go to the screen you want to pin.
- Tap Overview.
- Swipe up to show the Pin. You'll see it at the bottom right of your selected screen.
- Tap the Pin.
How to Unpin a Screen on Android
- Touch and hold the Back and Overview functions on the pinned screen.
- Enter your PIN, pattern, or password if you are asked for this information before unpinning.