Vagaro makes things simple for you. You can create one master package directly from the Service/Class Menu page. And once it's created, it will always be available to be sold on the checkout screen. Just follow the steps below to learn how to use this feature.
Helpful Information: The pre-made custom package has to be created on the web version first before being sold on the Vagaro Pro App.
Selling a Pre-made Custom Package on the Vagaro Pro App
1. Tap on Checkout at the bottom of the screen.
2. Tap Select Customer.
3. Tap All Customers. Next, enter the Name, Phone Number, or Email of the customer in the Search box. Or you can select the customer if it appears below.
4. Tap Gift Certificates/Packages.
5. Tap +Add Item.
6. Tap Package.
7. Tap Service/Class.
8. Tap Packages.
9. Tap on the Pre-made Custom Package that was created on the web version of Vagaro.
10. Tap Done.
11. You'll be able to view the selected package on this screen. Notice the name reverts to the actual service that was used for the Custom Package. Tap Done when you are finished reviewing the information.
12. Enter the payment and tap Checkout.
Creating a Custom Package on the Web Version
1. Hover over Settings. Next, click Service/Class Menu.
2. Click Insert. Make sure you are in the Services/Classes/Packages tab. Next, click Insert Package.
3. Type in the Title and Description of the Custom Package. You also have an option to upload a photo to go along with the package. Next, click on the drop-down menu to select a Service or Class. Click on the checkbox to make the package Active. Below this, you can add a Package Combination by clicking on the + button. You can set the Sell Price for each Package Combination, offering a discount for a package combo with a higher number of visits. Click on the - button to remove a package.
4. Click Save when you are finished creating the package.
Please note: The Sell Price will change when you add a New Package Combination make increases to the number of visits. The system will base this increase on the price that is set for each visit. You also can set a discount when increasing the number of visits. Please view the screenshots below for more clarification.
Notice that the Sell Price increased. You also can adjust the Sell Price of the Package Combination you added so that it includes a discount.
Selling and Checking Out a Custom Package on the Web Version
5. Once the package is created, you can add it to the Checkout screen when selling it to a customer. Click Checkout at the top of the screen and type in the name or phone number of the customer.
6. Click +Package at the bottom of the screen.
7. Click on the drop-down menu, then select the Custom Package.
8. The first Package Combination you created will appear. Keep in mind you will not be able to change the number of visits nor the price on this screen.
You have an additional option to renew the package yearly, monthly, or by a number of visits. Just click on the checkbox next to Auto Renew. This function will work in the same way as it does when creating a normal package. Keep in mind that you have to sign up for Credit Card Processing in order to perform this function. For more information, click on the following link: How to Apply for Credit Card Processing.
Next, click on the Calendar icon to set the Expiration Date for the package.
Note: Clicking on the arrow next to the number of visits will take you to the next Package Combination you created.
9. You will get this screen once you have clicked on the arrow next to the number of visits in the previous Package Combination. You have options to set the renewal type and Expiration Date just as you did for the first Package Combination. Click on the arrow to go back to the previous Package Combination. Click Save if you are finished selecting your options.
10. You now will be able to view your Custom Package on the Checkout screen. Notice that the package looks just like a normal package. Also, notice that you can't adjust the grayed out price of the Custom Package on the Checkout screen.
11. You can now proceed with the normal Checkout process.
Viewing a Custom Package in the Transaction List
You'll notice that the Custom Package also looks just like a normal package in the Transaction List as well as in the Package Management page.
To get to your Transaction List, hover over Reports and click Transaction List.
Click Reports. Then, click Packages to get to the Package Management screen.