A Gap Processing Time allows you to book another appointment while a service is being completed. Let's say you have a customer who has booked a hair and color service and the service requires them to sit under a drier for 45 minutes. Since the customer will not need any assistance during this time, you can book another appointment during this time frame. This is your gap processing time.
To add a gap time in Vagaro using the Vagaro Pro App, follow these steps:
- Tap More at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Select Service Menu.
- Select the service.
- Tap Edit.
- Tap Advanced.
- Enter the number of minutes for the Initial Duration, Gap Time, as well as the Finish Duration.
- Tap Apply at the bottom of the screen. Then tap Save.
Let's get started!
1. Tap More.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Service Menu.
4. Select the service.
5. Tap Edit.
6. Tap Advanced.
7. Enter the number of minutes for the Initial Duration, Gap Time, as well as the Finish Duration. During the gap processing time, the system will allow you to book another appointment. Customers will also see this as an available time on your booking page.
8. Tap Apply at the bottom of the screen when you're finished.
9. Tap Save at the top of the screen.
10. Once the service with the gap time is booked, you'll see that the processing time has been added to the item on your calendar. A lighter color on the appointment block indicates that the Gap Time has been set.