A Gap Processing Time allows you to book another appointment while a service is being completed, enabling you to take on more bookings and maximize your schedule!
Take this for example. Let's say you have a customer who has booked a hair and color service and the service requires them to sit under a drier for 45 minutes. Since the customer will not need any assistance during this time, you can book another appointment within this time frame. This is your gap processing time!
Watch the video or follow the steps below to learn more about setting a processing time.
1. Tap More
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Service/Class Menu under Things We Sell.
4. Select the Services option.
5. Select the service to which you want to add the processing time.
6. Tap Edit.
7. Tap the blue Add Gap Time button.
8. Enter the number of minutes for the Initial Duration, Gap Time, as well as the Finish Duration. During the gap processing time, the system will allow you to book another appointment. Customers will also see this as an available time on your online booking page.
Tap the green Save button when you're finished.
9. Tap Save at the bottom of the screen if you're finished. To edit the processing time, select Edit Gap Time.
10. Once the service with the gap time is booked, you'll see the processing time for that service on your calendar. A lighter color on the appointment block means that the Gap Time has been set.