A Gap Processing Time allows you to book another appointment while a service is being completed, enabling you to take on more bookings and maximize your schedule!
Take this for example. Let's say you have a customer who has booked a hair and color service and the service requires them to sit under a drier for 45 minutes. Since the customer will not need any assistance during this time, you can book another appointment within this time frame. This is your gap processing time!
To get started, follow these steps:
- Tap More at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Service/Class Menu.
- Tap Service/Classes.
- Select the service to which you want to add the gap time.
- Tap Edit.
- Tap the blue Add Gap Time button.
- Enter the number of minutes for the Initial Duration, Gap Time, as well as the Finish Duration.
- When you're finished, tap Save.
Let's get started!
1. Tap More.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Service/Class Menu.
4. Tap Service/Classes.
5. Select the service to which you want to add the gap time.
6. Tap Edit.
7. Tap the blue Add Gap Time button.
8. Enter the number of minutes for the Initial Duration, Gap Time, as well as the Finish Duration. During the gap processing time, the system will allow you to book another appointment. Customers will also see this as an available time on your booking page. Tap the green Save button when you're finished.
9. Once you've added the processing time, click Edit Gap Time if you want to edit it. If you're finished, tap Save at the bottom of the screen.
10. Once the service with the gap time is booked, you'll see the processing time for that service on your calendar. A lighter color on the appointment block indicates that the Gap Time has been set.