The two ways to process credit card payments in Vagaro are:
- Manually entering the credit card information.
- Swiping the card with a credit card reader.
To get started, follow these steps.
- Go to your calendar. Select the appointment. Then, click Service Complete (Checkout). This action takes you directly to the Checkout screen.
- Choose whether to manually enter the credit card details or swipe the card with a reader.
Remember you first need to sign up for Vagaro Merchant Services to enable credit card payments. Click this link for more information: How to Sign Up for Vagaro Merchant Services.
Also, when a customer puts their credit card on file, we charge $0.01 to ensure that the number and information are correct and the card is real. This is then voided automatically and the customer is not charged anything.
Let's get started!
Helpful Links: How to Charge Credit Cards on Your iPhone / iPad (Mobile).
1. Go to the calendar. Select the appointment. Then, click Service Complete (Checkout). This action takes you directly to the Checkout screen.
Entering a Credit Card Manually
1. If you're entering a credit card manually, select the Add option next to Credit Card.
2. Enter the credit card details. Toggle the Save card on file option to store the client's credit card to their profile.
3. Click Add when you're finished.
Using the USB Credit Card Swiper
1. If you're swiping a credit card, make sure the card swiper is connected to the USB drive on your computer.
2. Slide the card once the swiper lights up. You'll then hear a "beep." The beep means the reader has read some of the magstripe data.
3. The confirmation pop-up will appear. Notice you can enter a tip. Click Charge Credit Card to confirm the purchase.
Printing the Receipt
1. To set your receipt options, click on the gear icon at the bottom of the Checkout screen.
2. Notice you can print or email a copy of the receipt. Just select the preferred option. You also can choose both options.
3. Toggle the switch to require digital signatures after completing credit card transactions.
4. Click Save.
5. Click OK to save the receipt preferences.
6. Click Print to get a physical copy.