To charge credit cards, follow these steps when using the Desktop Version:
- Once you get to your Calendar, select the appointment. Then click Service Complete (Checkout). This takes you directly to the Checkout screen.
- Once you get to the Checkout page, you'll be able to manually enter the credit card or swipe the card with a reader.
Remember you first need to sign up for Vagaro Merchant Services to enable credit card payments. Click this link for more information: How to Sign Up for Vagaro Merchant Services.
Also, whenever a customer's credit card is put on file, we apply a $0.01 verification to ensure that the card is valid. This is then voided automatically and the customer is not charged.
Let's get started!
- Getting Started
- How to Add and Enter Credit Card Info
- How to Swipe Credit Cards
- How to Print and Email Receipts
Related Article: How to Charge Credit Cards on Your iPhone / iPad (Mobile).
1. Once you get to your Calendar, select the appointment. Then click Service Complete (Checkout). This action takes you directly to the Checkout screen.
Entering a Credit Card Manually
1. If you're entering a credit card manually, select the Add option next to Credit Card.
2. Enter the credit card details. Toggle the Save card on file option to store the client's credit card to their profile.
3. Click Add when you're finished.
Using the USB Credit Card Swiper
1. If you're swiping a credit card, make sure the card swiper is connected to the USB drive on your computer.
2. Slide the card once the swiper lights up. You'll then hear a "beep." The beep means the reader has read some of the magstripe data.
3. The confirmation pop-up will appear. Notice you can enter a tip. Click Charge Credit Card to confirm the purchase.
Setting Receipt Preferences and Tipping Options
1. To set your receipt options, click on the gear icon at the bottom of the Checkout screen.
2. Notice you can print or email a copy of the receipt. Just select the preferred option. You also can choose both options.
3. Toggle the switch to require digital signatures after completing credit card transactions.
4. Click Save.
5. Click OK to save the receipt preferences.
6. Click Print to get a physical copy.