To troubleshoot a credit card swiper on an android device, please follow the steps below:
- Clean the reader
- Make sure credit card processing is set up correctly in Vagaro.
- Enable microphone in Settings
- Force close any running apps
- Uninstall and Reinstall Vagaro Pro
- Update Android OS
*If you've completed these steps and the swiper is still not working, please call 800-919-0157 so we can go through additional troubleshooting steps. If the reader is still not functioning, we'll place an order to get you a new one.
Let's get started!
Clean the reader
With time the magnet in the reader may get dirty. The tinting on some wallets may rub off on the client's card which in turn can rub off on the magnet. A quick way to clean it is to get a paper towel and fold it enough so it fits in the slit. Then slightly damp it with a small amount of Windex. Don't soak it. Rub it back and forth between the slit. This may take a couple of times. After you have cleaned it, try again.
Make Sure Credit Card Processing is Set Up Properly on Vagaro
1. Click Settings.
2. Select Credit Card Processing.
3. Make sure that this page is Enabled and your name is under the Merchant Account section. If it states "Awaiting Approval" this means that the merchant account still needs to be approved and we need to wait for it to go through.
Remember, if you're having problems swiping a credit card, you can enter the credit card information manually. However, this transaction is subject to higher, key-entered rates.
Enable Microphone in Settings
When using the Vagaro Pro credit card reader on your Android device for the first time, Vagaro Pro will need to access the microphone setting to recognize the signal from the reader.
To make sure this setting is enabled please follow the instructions below.
1. Go to your phone Settings
2. Go to Apps
3. Click on Vagaro Pro
4. Go to Permissions
5. Make sure Microphone is enabled.
Force Close Any Running Apps
If you're still experiencing issues with the reader we suggest to close all running apps, including Vagaro.
1. Click on the square icon at the bottom of the device. Then swipe the apps away (including Vagaro).
Uninstall and Reinstall Vagaro Pro
If the credit card reader still doesn't work after setting up microphone access and closing all apps, delete the Vagaro Pro app.
1A. Hold the Vagaro Pro icon and then drag it to Remove.
1B. Another way is to find Vagaro Pro on the app store and then click Uninstall
2. After the app is uninstalled hold the Power button together until it turns off on its own. This will not delete any of your device's data. It will just restart your device.
3. After your device reboots, go to the Play Store and Install the Vagaro Pro app.
Update Android OS
Please make sure you are running the current OS on your Android device.
1. Go to your phone Settings
2. Go to About Phone
3. Click on System Updates
4. Click on Check for Update. If there is a pending update please install it and then try again.