Credit Card Reader Troubleshooting (Android)
Most Android devices are compatible with the Vagaro credit card reader.
To check to see if your device is compatible with the credit card reader, please visit the Mobile Credit Card reader compatibility list: http://support.vagaro.com/entries/22944841 Sometimes you reader seems to not be working/swiping. In the case of it not working properly this forum will go over what troubleshooting steps you can take to get it to work.
If your credit card reader is not working properly, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Clean the reader
- Make sure credit card processing is setup properly on Vagaro
- Enable microphone in Settings
- Force close any running apps
- Uninstall and Reinstall Vagaro Pro
- Update Android OS
Clean the reader
With time the magnet in the reader may get dirty. The tinting on some wallets may rub off on the clients card which in turn can rub off on the magnet. A quick way to clean it is to get a paper towel and fold it enough so it fits in the slit. Then slightly damp it with a small amount of Windex. Don't soak it. Rub it back and forth between the slit. This may take a couple of times. After you have cleaned it try again.
Make Sure Credit Card Processing is Setup Properly on Vagaro
1. To get started and check hover over Settings and go to Credit Card Application.
2. Make sure that this page is Enabled and your name is under the Merchant Account section. If it states "Awaiting Approval" this means that the merchant account still needs to be approved and we need to wait for it to go through.
Note: If a problem with either the credit card or your card reader prevents you from swiping, you can enter the credit card information manually. Note that your transaction will be subject to higher, key-entered rates.
Enable Microphone in Settings
When using the Vagaro Pro credit card reader on your Android device for the first time, Vagaro Pro will need to access the microphone setting to recognize the signal from the reader.
To make sure this setting is enabled please follow the instructions below.
1. Go to your phone Settings
2. Go to Apps
3.Click on Vagaro Pro
4. Go to Permissions
5. Make sure Microphone is enabled
Force Close Any Running Apps
If you're still experiencing issues with the reader we suggest to close all running apps, including Vagaro.
1. Click on the square icon on the bottom of your screen then swipe any and all apps (including Vagaro) away.
Uninstall and Reinstall Vagaro Pro
If the credit card reader still doesn't work after setting up microphone access and closing all apps, the next step you be to delete the Vagaro Pro app.
1A. Hold the Vagaro Pro icon and then drag it to Remove
1B. Another way is to find Vagaro Pro on the app store and then click Uninstall
2. After the app is uninstalled hold the Power button together until it turns off on its own. This will not delete any of your devices data. It will just restart your device.
3. After your device reboots go to the Play Store and Install the Vagaro Pro app.
Update Android OS
Please make sure you are running the current OS on your Android device.
1. Go to your phone Settings
2. Go to About Phone
3. Click on System Updates
4. Click on Check for Update. If there is a pending update please install it and then try again.