Vagaro offers competitive credit card processing rates as well as a wide range of other benefits, including the ability to sell services, products, memberships, and gift certificates online, store credit cards, create cancellation, and no-show policies, and require credit card payments online.
- Additionally, you become eligible to receive a free credit card reader once the application is approved. This includes the Vagaro EMV Chip Reader.
- Click this link to learn about Signing up for Credit Card Processing.
- To get started, go to the Credit Card Processing page on Vagaro.com
Vagaro offers merchant services to businesses in the United States and
- Australia (Australia - Sign up for Credit Card Processing)
- Canada (Canada - Sign up for Credit Card Processing)
- United Kingdom (United Kingdom - Sign up for Credit Card Processing)
Let's take a closer look at the fees, rates, and benefits of signing up with Vagaro Merchant Services!
FANF stands for Fixed Acquirer Network Fee.
Card-Present FANF Rates
If you take card-present (swiped) payments, your FANF cost will depend on the number of locations you have and whether you’re considered a “high volume” industry.
|Number of Locations||FANF per Location||High Volume FANF per Location|
|4,001 or more||$65.00||$85.00|
If you have a monthly sales volume under $200, FANF will not apply. Businesses with a monthly volume of $200 – $1,250 will pay a FANF of 0.15% of the total volume instead of a fixed dollar amount from the table.
Card-Not-Present FANF Rates
If you’re accepting “card-not-present” transactions (either online where a customer enters their card details themselves, or where you or your staff key in the card details instead of swiping) you’ll pay card-not-present FANF rates. Card-not-present FANF is determined by your monthly volume at the rates listed in this table:
|Monthly Volume||Monthly Fee|
|$1,250 - $3,999||$7.00|
|$4,000 - $7,999||$9.00|
|$8,000 - $39,999||$15.00|
|$40,000 - $199,999||$45.00|
|$200,000 - $799,999||$160.00|
|$800,000 - $1,999,999||$450.00|
|$2,000,000 - $3,999,999||$1,000.00|
|$4,000,000 - $7,999,999||$2,000.00|
|$8,000,000 - $19,999,999||$4,000.00|
|$20,000,000 - $39,999,999||$8,000.00|
|$40,000,000 - $79,999,999||$16,000.00|
|$80,000,000 - $399,999,999||$45,000.00|
|$400,000,000 or more||$70,000.00|
As with card-present rates, if you have a monthly sales volume under $200, the FANF will not apply. If your volume is $200 – $1,249, you’ll pay 0.15% of the total volume instead of a set dollar amount.
What if my business has some card-present and some card-not-present?
If some of your transactions are card-present and some are card-not-present on the same merchant account, the card-present fees will still apply by location. The card-not-present fees will still apply by volume, but only the card-not-present transactions will be used to determine that volume.
You have a single location business that has 90% card-present transactions and 10% card-not-present transactions.
Your total sales volume is $100,000 in one month. You will be charged the card-not-present FANF rate for $10,000 of volume. (10% of $100,000.) You could expect to pay $15 in card-not-present FANF costs.
- ACH Return ($20): Customers are required to keep banking information up to date. If the account information on file is wrong, to no fault of VMS, and/or we fail to verify your bank account information based on the information you provided, a $20 fee will be charged for any deposit that is returned due to inaccurate bank account information.
- ACH Reject ($20): If your account is frozen or impacted due to a negative status, your financial institution may reject deposits. Each rejected deposit will automatically incur a $20 fee.
- Chargeback ($20): Upon a consumer initiating a chargeback, the consumer’s financial institution immediately and without notice impounds the exact amount of funds at dispute from your account. We will provide details of the chargeback transaction, instructions/process on how to dispute, and impose a $20 fee.
- Retrieval ($20): If your customer requests their financial institution to investigate a transaction, VMS, per request, provides transaction information which automatically triggers a $20 retrieval fee.