The Star TSP100iii W is one of the best receipt printers on the market and it's super easy to use. This forum will teach how to install, connect, and troubleshoot the printer with your Mac Computer.
If you have other devices click the linked forums below:
1. The first thing you should do is turn on the Main Unit Power. Connect the included power cable to the inlet on the back side of the TSP100iii W. Connect the plug of the power cable to the outlet.
2. On the left-hand side of the device, flip the switch to on and check that the blue LED light is lit up.
3. Next, you should insert a roll of paper. Check that the power is on. Push the lever on the top to open the cover.
Note: When using a paper roll with 58mm width, install the supplied paper guide inside the printer.
4. They way you insert paper is important. Insert the paper roll with the paper edge pulling towards the floor rather than the ceiling. See the illustration below:
5. Pull the end of the paper out straight and over the front of the printer and push down on both sides of the printer cover to close.
Connecting to Device through WPS
1. Now that you have the printer physically set up, it's time to connect it to your network. On the back of the printer, under the wire cover, press and hold the PAIR button until the blue LED light starts flashing.
2. Press the WPS button on your router. When the printer connects to the network, it will print the connection information and the blue LED light will change from flashing to solid.
Note: When a connection cannot be made, start from step 3 and perform the settings again.
Connecting to Device Manually
Note: If WPS failed, go through these steps
1. First, make sure the printer is off. Then perform a self-print to get the MAC address of the printer.
2. To perform a Self-Print press and hold the FEED button 1. Do not let go, but then turn the power on 2. Take your finger off the FEED button when self-printing has begun.
3. The printer will print out two receipts. At the bottom of the second page it will list the Current IP Parameters Status which will be formatted as such:
Adding the printer
- Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen and select System Preferences.
- Select Print and Fax
4. On the Print & Fax screen click the + icon to add the printer
5. Select IP, type in the IP Address in the Address field then select Select Software...
6. On the Printer Software screen search for Star TSP and select Star TSP100 Cutter
7. Click Add
8. In the Default Printer drop down box, select STAR TSP 100.
Printing a Sales Receipt and Changing Printer Settings
1. Open Safari and go to the Vagaro website and log in.
2. At the Customer Check out select Print Receipt.
3. A printer menu will appear, make sure to expand the window by clicking on the drop down arrow.
4. Uncheck the "Print Headers" and "Footers Box."
5. Under Paper Size, select Manage Custom Sizes.
6. Click on the Plus sign under the List field.
7. Double click on the "untitled" and name it "Vagaro."
8. Use the settings from the following Image and click OK.
9.Click on the drop down menu titled Safari, select Features.
10. From the Features drop down, select Output Options.
11. From the "Features sets" drop down Select Cut Length.
12. Set Page to No Cut and Document Cut to Partial Cut.
13. On the Features drop down now select Cash Drawer (if you don't have a cash drawer you can skip).
14. On the Cash Drawer drop down Select Open Drawer 1.
15. On the Cash Drawer 1 Pulse menu, select 200 milliseconds.
16. Make sure the Cash Drawer is plugged into the printer.
17. Go to the preset menu drop down, select "Save As" and save settings as "Vagaro."
1. Let's test our setup by printing a receipt. in your Vagaro account hover over Reports, and click Transactions List from the drop down.
2. Run a report and select any transaction. Click Receipt from the action column to print.
3. Confirm and click Print. If the printer is connected correctly, it will print out your receipt. If not, refer back to the "Adding the Printer" section.
4. This is an example of your test print.